Sone sentence example
- Gold is also found in the bed of the Sone river.
- Shortly after passing the holy city of Benares the Ganges enters Behar, and after receiving an important tributary, the Sone from the south, passes Patna, and obtains another accession to its volume from the Gandak, which rises in Nepal.
- Two great rivers, the Nerbudda and Sone, take their rise at the side of the Amarkantak hill in the north-west corner of the division, the Nerbudda flowing nearly due west to the Bombay coast, the Sone ultimately falling into the Ganges in Lower Bengal.
- Proceeding farther east, we find very satisfactory progress in the irrigation of southern Behar, effected by the costly system of canals drawn from the river Sone.
- Behar abounds in great rivers, such as the Ganges, with its tributaries, the Ghagra, Gandak, Kusi, Mahananda and Sone.Advertisement
- The lower, with an estimated thickness of only 2000 ft., or slightly more, cover a large area - extending, with but little change of character, from the Sone valley in one direction to Cuddapah, and in a diverging line to near Bijapur - in each case a distance of over loo m.
- The series is mainly confined to the area of country between the Nerbudda and the Sone on the north, and the Kistna on the south; but the western part of this region is in great part covered by newer beds.
- Separated from this chain by the valley of the Nerbudda on the west, and that of the Sone on the east, the plateau of Malwa and Baghelkhand occupies the space intervening between these valleys and the Gangetic plain.
- The other principal rivers in Bengal are the Sone, Gogra, Gandak, Kusi, Tista; the Hugh, formed by the junction of the Bhagirathi and Jalangi, and farther to the west, the Damodar and Rupnarayan; and in the south-west, the Mahanadi or great river of Orissa.
- This James the first left bot ane sone behind him; Pitsc.Advertisement
- Oh yes, they had already sone a study of the matter.
- Her chief executor was Henry Smyth, her eldest sone surviving, mr. of Arts and student of Xt.
- Towart the king than gan thai ga 155 And till him Weill sone cummyn ar.
- The most important canals, those in Orissa (see Mahanadi) and on the Sone river in southern Behar, have been constructed primarily for irrigation, though they are also used for navigation.
- Towart the king than gan thai ga 155 And till him weill sone cummyn ar.Advertisement