Solipsism sentence example
- And one of its weaknesses is its own solipsism, its own narcissism.
- For the sake of clearness it seems desirable to keep for the future the term "relativity of knowledge" to the first meaning explained above: for the second meaning it has been superseded in contemporary philosophizing by the terms "subjectivism," "subjective idealism," and, for its extreme form, "solipsism" (q.v.).
- Avoiding solipsism requires that we assign consciousness (or reality) to everyone we could meet who is sufficiently similar to ourselves.
- In short, this kind of relativity leads straight to what is generally known as the abyss of solipsism."
- We cannot avoid solipsism (q.v.) so long as we neglect the element of force or power.Advertisement
- The natural consequence of this theory is that the individual consciousness alone exists (solipsism): this position is, however, open to the obvious criticism that in some cases individual consciousnesses agree in their content.