Sods sentence example
- Sods law, they are also some of the prettiest.
- The things and places these jammy sods have done and seen.
- just sufficient to effectually damage the roots of the plants forming the sward and then, after drying the sods and burning them, spreading the charred material and ashes over the land.
- An ancient writer states that the rampart was built of regularly laid sods (the same method which had probably been employed by Hadrian), and excavations in 1891-1893 have verified the statement.
- Thirdly, nowhere very clear on the surface and as yet detected only at a few points, there are the remains of the " turf wall," constructed of sods laid in regular courses, with a ditch in front.Advertisement
- The heathlands when sufficiently drained are prepared for cultivation by being cut into sods and burnt.
- The rippled stalks are tied in small bundles and packed, roots downwards, in the dams till they are quite full; over the top of the upper layer is placed a stratum of rushes and straw, or sods with the grassy side downwards, and above all stones of sufficient weight to keep the flax submerged.
- sods law, they are also some of the prettiest.
- I think that I may warrant you one worm to every three sods you turn up, if you look well in among the roots of the grass, as if you were weeding.
- In introducing it where it is scarce, to transplant it successfully large sods containing the strong creeping roots must be dug up, and planted in light soil; if peaty, so much the better.Advertisement
- Some of the stones and sods on which it grows look as if sown with a mixture of gold and the material that forms the wings of green humming-birds.
- It was supposed to require a particular kind of rock, but its wonderful coruscations have lately been seen to spread over sods of turf and masses of peat, as well as over chips of rock brought from its native place.