Social-democracy sentence example
- This was, however, far from satisfying the parties of the extreme Left, and the strength of Social Democracy in Saxony was even more strikingly displayed in 1909 when, in spite of plural voting, under a complicated franchise, 25 Socialist members were returned to the Saxon diet.
- Similarly though he carried out many useful administrative reforms, in a vain effort to combat Social Democracy he seriously interfered with the liberty of public meeting and attempted the forcible suppression of strike movements.
- The leaders of this party came into close contact with the Social Democrats, and their relations became so cordial that Social Democracy everywhere declared the " Democratie Chretienne " to be its forerunner and pioneer.
- He refused to identify Social Democracy with the extreme views as to religion and the family advocated by Bebel, and successfully resisted attempts made in 1891 to expel him from the party in consequence of his opinions.
- It was a part of the new policy not only to combat Social Democracy by repression, but to win the confidence of the working men by extending to them the direct, protection ~ of the state.Advertisement
- This and other symptoms caused serious apprehension that some attempt might be made to alter the law of universal suffrage for the Reichstag, and it was policy of this kind which maintained and justified the profound distrust of the governing classes and the class hatred on which Social democracy depends.
- Those of the great industrialists who belonged to the National Liberals or the Moderate Conservatives did not command that influence which men of their class generally hold in Great Britain, because the influence of Social Democracy banded together the whole of the working men in a solid phalanx of irreconcilable opposition, the very first principle of which was the hostility of classes.
- During these years the relations between Denmark and the German empire improved, and in the country itself the cause of social democracy made great progress.
- The times were ripe for revolution, and the message which spoke of a religious democracy could not fail to suggest the social democracy also.
- I am currently exploring these in a graduate course entitled ' From social democracy to market liberalism ' .Advertisement
- Before the war, when German Social-Democracy was orthodox, it fought opportunism by the same mild method that Kostrzewa spoke of here.
- Could a revival in social democracy provide a new tranche of politically inspired union activists?
- This produced a split in the ranks of Social Democracy between the Majority and Minority sections (Bolsheviks and Mensheviks).
- He said among other things: " The Jacobins of contemporary social democracy - the Bolsheviks - desire that the people, that is the proletarians and peasants, should settle the reckoning of Monarchy and Aristocracy in plebeian fashion - by ruthlessly annihilating the enemies of freedom."
- It seems it was all the same to the theoretician of social-democracy.Advertisement