Snakeroot sentence example
- Both medicinal and flowering plants are exceptionally abundant; a few of the former are ginseng, snakeroot, bloodroot, hore-hound, thoroughwort, redroot (Ceanothus Americanus), horse mint and wild flax, and prominent among the latter are jessamines, azaleas, lilies, roses, violets, honey-suckle and golden-rod.
- Indian snakeroot has been used traditionally to treat hypertension, especially when associated with stress and anxiety.
- Rauwolfia serpentina, or snakeroot, is a plant that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for nearly 1000 years.
- A. canadense is the Canadian Snakeroot, which bears in spring curious brownish-purple flowers, the roots being strongly aromatic, like Ginger.
- A. virginicum is the Heart Snakeroot, its leaves thick and leathery, with the upper surface mottled with white.Advertisement
- A. spicata (common Baneberry or Herb Christopher), A. racemosa (black Snakeroot), A. alba (white Baneberry), having white berries with red stalks, and one or two American forms of the common Baneberry are in cultivation.
- C. racemosa (Black Snakeroot), 3 to 8 feet high, with feathery racemes of white blossoms 1 to 3 feet long, which, being slender, droop gracefully; but the plants generally are not of much garden value.