Snaffle sentence example
- As military riders use the curb only the position of snaffle and curb as just explained is reversed in the cavalry service.
- Assuming that a double-reined bridle is used, the third finger of the left hand should be first inserted between the snaffle reins; then the little, third and second fingers should be between the curb reins, the two outside reins being the curb, and the two inside ones the snaffle.
- The snaffle reins should be drawn up gently until the rider feels that he has an equal and light hold of his horse's mouth on both sides, with just so much pressure that the slightest movement of the left or right rein would cause him to turn to the left or right respectively.
- Another hussar also rushed toward the horse, but Bondarenko had already thrown the reins of the snaffle bridle over the horse's head.
- In this manner of holding the reins the snaffle is not so likely to slip, while the curb can be easily slackened or drawn tighter.Advertisement
- I have been advised to try a comfort snaffle on Jack.
- I ride him in training and flatwork in a halter but use a snaffle for competing.
- I have recently changed to a loose ring french link snaffle with great success.
- His save down to the left from Foe was particularly impressive as he then reacted smartly to snaffle the loose ball.
- Very genuine character who is quiet to do in all ways, snaffle mouth no vices, should go far in the right hands.Advertisement
- A simple snaffle bridle should be used on a novice or young pony and for lead rein and first ridden classes.