Smithy sentence example
- The house is a large airy 200 year old former smithy on the edge of a small hamlet.
- The type is often used in foundries, or to serve heavy hammers in a smithy, whence the name.
- Scarcely anything is left of the old chapel dedicated to St Dennis, which for a time was used as a smithy; and of the chapel of St Serf, the patron saint of the burgh, only the tower remains.
- Smithy deserves a call-up, and the midfield would be greatly enhanced by Lee Bowyer, but it ain't going to happen.
- The Ridges on the southern boundary of the site has an early iron smithy and an ironstone mine dating to before 1631.Advertisement
- One man even saved £ 100 during the War to put down on buying his own smithy at home.
- Now, Tom was a half trained apprentice in sole charge of the village smithy.
- Saxo-Norman material from the ninth to mid-twelfth century includes pottery; post-holes of a timber structure; animal bones; iron smithy.
- On the right, the canal continues westwards toward Smithy Bridge.
- By then the Burberrys lived in the brick side and ran a wheelwrights and smithy.Advertisement
- The smithy on the village green is still worked [1983 ].
- From the steep descent above Clachan he saw the blacksmith standing outside the smithy door.
- Samuel Chadwick relates that when he was a boy, he often went to the local blacksmith shop to watch the smithy work.
- In an old report, dated 1825, the following coal was available: Smithy Coal, ...
- Smithy Cottage is proud to be part of it.Advertisement
- Smithy Bridge was re-opened on 10th December after 9 month 's closure.
- At Letham Hill nearby, the Errol Hut Smithy and woodwork shop produces excellent wrought ironwork, and fine furniture and wood turning.