Smew sentence example
- Another visit to Torangitaival produced no buntings, although 2 each of Smew and Wood Sandpipers from the bird tower were satisfying.
- The fishponds often hold Goosander and Smew in the winter, and there is a heronry and colony of nesting cormorants here.
- There were also 3 drake Smew fishing - its unusual to see more drakes than redheads.
- The vast flocks of wildfowl include handsome Smew, and this natural bounty attracts predators such as White-tailed, Lesser Spotted and Golden Eagles.
- One male and seven red-headed smew were also present.Advertisement