Sma sentence example
- +1~ ii 1n a, Antipodal cell; sp, polar nuclei; eing e sma er.
- I used two male-male couplers here plus a short length of semi rigid coax to reach the bulkhead mounted SMA output socket.
- There are several different types of SMA with varying severity; see the website below for more details.
- These include SMA type I, also called Werdnig-Hoffmann; SMA type II; SMA type III, also called Kugelberg-Welander disease; Kennedy syndrome, or progressive spinobulbar muscular atrophy; and congenital SMA with arthrogryposis.
- Parents of children with SMA usually carry the gene for the disease but have no symptoms themselves.Advertisement
- Babies with this type of SMA have decreased muscle and trunk tone, resulting in floppiness of the limbs and weak arm and leg movements.
- Symptoms of SMA type II are usually noted in a child between three and 15 months of age.
- Children with SMA type II may eventually be able to sit, but they are unable to learn to stand or to walk.
- Children with SMA type III begin to experience symptoms between the ages of two and 17 years.
- In general, when a family has already had a child with SMA, each subsequent pregnancy has a 25 percent chance of producing another child with SMA.Advertisement
- Parents must then decide whether to use the information to help them prepare for the arrival of a baby with SMA or to terminate the pregnancy.
- Caring for a child with SMA can be very challenging and emotionally draining.