Slum sentence example
- I had lived in a tenement slum all my life.
- It was barely evening but the darkening clouds and winter season begrimed the outside as black as a slum landlord's heart.
- Most people of wooly good will lived outside the slum clearance areas.
- The remarkable reforms he accomplished there may be ascertained from his Ten years in a Portsmouth slum (London 1896).
- Here heaven on earth has become a sinister slum, an annex of history.Advertisement
- Like many cities, slum housing close to the center had to be replaced.
- He also bought up various blocks of slum dwellings and converted them into model tenements, with the object of improving the conditions of the poorer classes of Dublin.
- The sisters also established a Night Camp where slum children could wash and wear clean nightclothes.
- There are already over a billion urban slum dwellers.
- How did poor slum dwellers become property developers in their own right?Advertisement
- Just about to set off on a 2nd slum clearance campaign - anyone got a black bin liner?
- Slum dwellings were still a common sight in Scottish cities.
- His plays were intended to awaken people to the need for social reform; the first, Widowers ' Houses, attacked slum landlords.