Slothful sentence example
- But he was too slothful to have more than a passive part in the direction of his own government.
- On the day of the funeral Peter addressed to Alexius a stern letter of warning and remonstrance, urging him no longer to resemble the slothful servant in the parable, and threatening to cut him off, as though he were a gangrenous swelling, if he did not acquiesce in his father's plans.
- Again, the meanness of my estate doth somewhat move me; for though I cannot accuse myself that I am either prodigal or slothful, yet my health is not to spend, nor my course to get.
- And, thou wicked and slothful servant, who sayest, ' He is an austere master, ' shalt be confounded for ever.
- The coastmen were expert smugglers and wreckers, the agriculturists were ignorant and drunken, the parish clergy were slothful, in many cases intemperate, and largely given to fox-hunting.Advertisement
- In this way the slowness of the sloth serves these most " slothful " of sloth moths!
- In this way the slowness of the sloth serves these most " slothful " of sloth moths !
- Likewise, the slothful man may change himself into an active, energetic individual simply by polarizing along the lines of the desired quality.
- An unclean person is universally a slothful one, one who sits by a stove, whom the sun shines on prostrate, who reposes without being fatigued.