Slops sentence example
- The lanes and alleys of the early city were unpaved and filthy with slops from the houses.
- Spilling the contents of our slops bucket on my Monsoon skirt.
- This bill of lading described the cargo as crude oil slops.
- All but their waste, dirty washing, refuse and ` slops ' were likewise passed out the same way.
- You will also get a very boggy patch in the lawn, where the water from the base slops over the side.Advertisement
- It is a fact that the clutch basket slops around on its little silver rollers during the assembly process.
- The ones where no matter how careful you are, the drink slops out everywhere.
- There were several variations of hose styles, including the classic "slops" (as seen in this picture of a noble from 1570) which are often associated with Shakespearean costumes.
- Rough-knit stockings were commonly worn, along with loose "slops" and a plain codpiece.
- To be a nobleman, you need a good ruffled linen poet shirt, a velvet doublet, embroidered velvet slops (the baggy trousers that are usually cut to mid-thigh), good hose, boots and a jeweled hat.Advertisement
- Men will wear doublets and slops made of good cotton, which was an expensive fabric in that era, and women will wear heavy cotton skirts, embroidered bodices and big straw hats.
- Men can wear a basic shirt with simple slops, boots and a hat, women have a jolly time with a blouse, a bodice, an underskirt and shorter overskirt in contrasting colors and either a straw hat or garland of flowers.
- The durable Slip Slops are made of water- and stain-resistant leather and nylon webbing.
- Along the Brazilian frontier and about the sources of the Orinoco tributaries on the eastern slops of the Andes there are extensive forests, sometimes broken with grassy campos.
- He began by compelling the people of Madrid to give up emptying their slops out of the windows, and when they objected he said they were like children who cried when their faces were washed.Advertisement