Sloped sentence example
- It was built on high ground, and the forest sloped downward and away from the fortress.
- At last, the tunnel sloped upward and dead-ended at a thick metal door.
- Mansr took her a different route than the one she'd used to enter, one that sloped down and then up.
- The dome, therefore, sloped inwards i ft.
- The halls narrowed and sloped, and he knew he'd been this way before even though he didn't remember when.Advertisement
- A pit of this character may be sunk into the ground deeper than is indicated in the figure if the subsoil is dry and gravelly, but in the case of a damp subsoil it should rather be more elevated, as the soil could easily be sloped up to meet the retaining wall.
- For sloped ceilings, suspend the track channels from cables, and use smaller pendant light heads.
- If your ceiling is sloped or measures over nine feet, you will require an extended rod for proper air circulation.
- A topsy-turvy cake has uneven, sloped layers and might have colored fondant balls at the bottom of each tier.
- The side walls of the cold frame are generally sloped so the lid sets on a slant, allowing a maximum amount of light to enter the cold frame.Advertisement
- Skylight - A skylight window is a window designed for installation on sloped surfaces.
- The shoulders should not look too boxy or sloped, and the sleeve length should come to rest about 5 inches above the tip of your thumb.When purchasing a new suit, make sure it fits not only your body but the rest of your wardrobe.
- The district thus occupied sloped towards the sun and was sheltered by the Acropolis from the prevailing northerly winds.
- It has a more sloped design than traditional lawn chairs, is available in several colors, and embroidery is optional.
- As an architectural term "bevel" is a sloped or canted edge given to a sill or horizontal course of stone, but is more frequently applied to the canted edges worked round the projecting bands of masonry which for decorative purposes are employed on the quoins of walls or windows and in some cases, with vertical joints, cover the whole wall.Advertisement