Sloop of war sentence example
sloop of war
- In 1833 he was appointed teacher of mathematics on board the sloop of war "Natchez," and was so engaged during a cruise along the South American coast which was continued for about two and a half years.
- Ingraham (1802-1891), in command of a United States sloop-of-war, arrived at Smyrna, and threatened to attack the Austrian vessel unless Koszta were released; and as a compromise Koszta was placed in the custody of the French consul.
- In 1854 Marcy had to deal with the complications growing out of the bombardment of San Juan del Norte (Greytown), Nicaragua, by the United States sloop-of-war " Cyane " for insults offered the American minister by its inhabitants and for their refusal to make restitution for damages to American property.
- Ranger later captured the British sloop of war Drake off the coast of Ireland on 24 April and pillaged the British coast.
- But, contrary to the course I thought he would pursue, Hillyar brought with him the Cherub sloop of war.Advertisement