Slivers sentence example
- A good way is to layer the bottom of your compost unit with some twigs or slivers of wood.
- So in a new procedure she had slivers of her ovaries taken out and frozen.
- All because a few slivers of silicon refuse to accept the march of time.
- The tread was hardly worn, there were no cuts of any kind, no flints or slivers of glass.
- Week by week the slivers taken grown, Each tiny gnaw becomes a ravenous bite.Advertisement
- Thin slivers of chaos spread all over the city alerted him to any small movement that could signify an intruder.
- Or perhaps a row of sea creatures, or the moon and stars, gracefully encircling your wrist attached together with slivers of delicate serpentine chain is more to your taste.
- Gather up kindling or small dry sticks and slivers of wood.
- Embedded particles such as wood slivers and glass splinters, if not too deep, may be removed with a needle or pair of tweezers that has been sterilized in rubbing alcohol or in the heat of a flame.
- In the menu plan above, it's suggested that you use the leftover carrots and potatoes either as a pureed soup, or leave them whole to add to slivers of beef for soup.Advertisement
- Collect leftover scraps and slivers of soap and use these to make your hand soap.
- A very common method is to let four slivers run into one sliver at the first drawing, then two slivers from the first drawing are run into one sliver at the second drawing frame.
- Eight or more slivers are put behind the first drawing head, conveyed through the fallers and made into one sliver in front of the machine.
- The doublings play a very important part in the appearance of the ultimate rove and yarn, for the chief reason for doubling threads or slivers is to minimize irregularities of thickness and of colour in the material.
- In this operation there is no doubling of the slivers, but each sliver passes separately through the machine, from the can to the spindle, is drawn out to about eight times its length, and receives a small amount of twist to strengthen it, in order that it may be successfully wound upon the roving bobbin by the flyer.Advertisement
- In the latter method from eight to fifteen cans are placed behind the feed rollers, and all the slivers from these cans are united before they emerge from the machine.
- In an ordinary case, the total doublings in jute from the breaker card to the end of the second drawing is ninety-six: 12 X 4 X 2 = 96; and if the slivers were made thinner and more of them used the ultimate result would naturally be improved.