Slip away sentence example
- We all are, as if we let him slip away.
- Ney had allowed the valuable hours to slip away when he could have stormed Quatre Bras with ease and ensured co operation with his master.
- The last chance of bringing about a decisive French success was thus allowed to slip away.
- His cavalry gained contact before noon with Thielemann's corps, which was resting at Gembloux, but the enemy was allowed to slip away and contact was lost for want of a serious effort to keep it.
- It was they who had to see that the shire court, and in minor affairs the hundred court, did not allow cases to slip away into the jurisdiction of the feudal courts of the baronage.Advertisement
- A nomadic army of horse archers might slip away to turn up somewhere else.
- If the egg is not fertilized, however, resultant hormonal changes cause the endometrium to slip away and menstruation begins.
- soothed by the sound of lifeless years flowing free and watch a thousand seasons slip away.
- I sit alone on the grassy slope soothed by the sound of lifeless years flowing free and watch a thousand seasons slip away.
- Don't let the friendship you once valued above all else slip away.Advertisement
- Finally, find the perfect herb for you and start feeling your stress slip away!
- You will soon feel your troubles slip away and find renewed energy to deal with whatever life brings your way.
- Eliminate the problem of having to change out of your wedding dress so that you can really enjoy the party at the reception then slip away to the airport for your honeymoon without missing a beat.
- Some may even seek to be near their special person before they begin to slip away.
- Find a beautiful spot to row and let your cares just slip away.Advertisement
- At a regular dinner party, you would have enough guests present for you to slip away from the table and cook up the next course, make a quick sauce, or pop a dessert into the oven.