Slake sentence example
- There will be a bar to slake the thirst generated by all the activity.
- If Xander didn't feed now, he was going to go on a rampage and slaughter half the apartment building to slake his hunger.
- Around the 1880s the foundry Arms Pub was built, no doubt to slake the thirst of the foundry workers.
- These may slake slowly in the finished cement and cause such expansion as may destroy the work of which it forms part.
- In a different time, he'd simply command her to take her place at his side and in his bed as his mate and slake his heated blood whenever he felt the need.Advertisement
- To ensure this being properly done, the lumps of lime should be broken up small, and enough water to slake them should be added, the lime then being allowed to rest for about forty-eight hours, when the water changes the particles of quicklime to hydrate of lime, and breaks up the hard lumps into a powder.