Skids sentence example
- Martha would talk to Quinn... to grease the skids... as she put it, and have him telephone me the following evening.
- The north-west coast Indians hoisted the logs that formed the plates of their house frames into position with skids and parbuckles of rope.
- This graph will put the skids under any bull theory.
- But when a wheel skids the point in contact with the road is sliding along the road, rather then sticking to it.
- Boy, I go broke And hit the skids before I take care of A rich sucker 's kids.Advertisement
- The paddles and skids are said to have been stuck in the ground, and to have developed into a grove of trees, from which all the other trees of the same kind have originated.
- They feature no-slip soles to prevent any accidental slips and skids while going up and down the stairs or simply walking on an uncarpeted surface.
- Replacements parts offered on ChampionJuicer.com include replacement base skids or feet, funnels and cutters, power cords, screens, tampers and the like.
- For example, WeatherTech's mats have specially designed ridges and skids to keep them like new through all kinds of wear and tear, and finish that makes them easy to clean.
- Mudflap and Skids are new characters to the Transformers movies.Advertisement
- The opening sequence did a great job of introducing some of the new Autobots like The Twins, Skids and Mudflap, designed to look like an ice cream truck but could divide into two smaller bots.
- Known individually as Mudflap and Skids, these two bots have the ability to combine into an ice cream van.
- Skids creates the front half and Mudflap the rear.
- He gave me a pile of special account data that he said would grease the skids on any requisitions I submitted, no questions asked.
- Skids are caused by harsh handling of the vehicle; harsh braking, acceleration or steering.Advertisement
- Boy, I go broke And hit the skids before I take care of A rich sucker's kids.