Shuttlecock sentence example
- Lord Temple endeavoured to secure his exclusion on the ground that he had taken orders in the Church, and one of Gilray's caricatures delineates the two politicians, Temple and Camelford, playing at battledore and shuttlecock, with Horne Tooke as the shuttlecock.
- During nearly the whole of the 18th century Courland, devastated by continual wars, was a shuttlecock between Russia and Poland; until eventually in 1795 the assembly of the nobles placed it under the Russian sceptre.
- Kellogg once hit a shuttlecock into the crowd in disbelief and Clark yelled desperately at 1-14 in the second game.
- Delia was flapping about like the squawking shuttlecock we share the dining room with.
- Indeed, as it is, we are already partially acquainted with one of these early intermediate creatures (Tritylodon), which forms a kind of zoological shuttlecock, being, so to speak, hit from one group to another, and back again, by the various zoologists by whom its scanty remains have been studied.Advertisement
- So before you despair, check out SvenÃ¢s suggestions for plants that love soggy soil, from arum lilies to shuttlecock ferns.
- He always maintained that fame was a shuttlecock which could be kept up only by being beaten back as well as beaten forward, and which would soon fall if there were only one battledore.