Shuck sentence example
- The two women adjourned to the front porch to cut green beans and shuck corn.
- To spend half an hour in conversation with him is something akin to trying to shuck an oyster.
- "I've got to go wash my hands and shuck this coat," she said.
- Religion is only a salve we use to shuck off moral responsibility.
- The Black Dog is often known as Black Shuck, Wisht Hound, Guytrash, Shriker, Barguest, or Grim.Advertisement
- It is thought that the name Shuck is a derivation of the Old English word Scucca, meaning demon or spirit, and that Barguest comes from the German term Bargiest, which translates as spirit of the graveyard.
- In Cambridgeshire and on the Norfolk coast it is known as Shuck or Shock.