Shoveler sentence example
- Here, too, breed many species of ducks, the mallard, gadwall, baldpate, three species of teal, shoveler, pintail, hooded mergansers, and Canada geese; other ducks and geese are migrants only.
- Many ducks breed here, and many others pass through in migration :: of the former, the most numerous are mallard and teal; of the latter, pintail, shoveler, scaup, ring-neck ducks, and mergansers.
- Vertebrate species in the Irish Vertebrate Red Data Book include whiskered bat, shoveler, pochard and brook lamprey.
- Nettley's Hide produced WIGEON, TEAL and SHOVELER, mostly, also a few pintail.
- Shoveler ducks have varied from 1 - 7 pairs and are winter visitors.Advertisement