Shod sentence example
- The stand is generally made circular in section, each of the three legs being shod at the lower extremity with steel.
- If a horse to be shod, or any broken tool were left with a sixpenny piece at the entrance of the cave the repairs would presently be executed.
- In the shed everyone was ready, dressed, belted, shod, and only awaited the order to start.
- "How did you happen to be shod with gold?" he asked.
- The Inquisition merely advised him and his companions to dress in a less extraordinary manner and to go shod.Advertisement
- When the troops landed in England, half clothed and half shod, their leader's conduct of the campaign was at first blamed, but his reputation as a general rests solidly upon these facts, that when Napoleon in person, having nearly 300,000 men in Spain, had stretched forth his hand to seize Portugal and Andalusia, Moore with 30,000, forced him to withdraw it, and follow him to Corunna, escaping at the same time from his grasp. Certainly a notable achievement.
- In the cities and towns horses used as beasts of burden are now shod with iron, but in rural or mountainous, districts straw shoes are substituted, a device which enables the animals to traverse rocky or precipitous roads with safety.
- During the cold months, both sexes wrap themselves in thick woollen coats or sheepskins, with the fleece inwards; both are also shod with corded sandals, called opanke.
- cast steel wheels shod in solid rubber.
- Make sure that your horses ' feet are regularly trimmed and shod, by a competent farrier, to prevent hoof cracks.Advertisement
- Evening - Shod Highly danceable melodies, basslines and soulful grooves.
- This order protect the secret at all costs, dispatching a mullet shod albino commentator to hunt our heroes down.
- Allowing big corporations to ride rough shod over internationally recognized workers rights.
- I could tell it was shod.
- The plough is merely a pointed stick shod with iron, crossed by another stick which serves as a share, scratching the ground to the depth of a few inches.Advertisement
- The ends of the wooden legs were shod with plates of solid gold, and the saddle of the Princess Ozma, which was of red leather set with sparkling diamonds, was strapped to the clumsy body.