Shipwrecks sentence example
- But, while he caused storms and shipwrecks, he could also send favouring winds; hence he was known as Soler, " the preserver."
- A lighthouse (50 55' N., o 58' E.) stands on the ness, which has been the scene of many shipwrecks, and has been lighted since the time of James I.
- Within the bay are the remains of numerous shipwrecks.
- For many centuries Egypt was famous as a wheat raiser; it was a cargo of wheat from Alexandria which St Paul helped to jettison on one of his shipwrecks, as was also, in all probability, that of the "ship of Alexandria whose sign was Castor and Pollux," named in the same narrative.
- The small Martello tower contains a museum about Guernsey shipwrecks, with many salvaged artifacts and related illustrations.Advertisement
- This reef is the site of several historic shipwrecks; however, the dive takes place on the deep water side along the wall.
- You can also explore the many shipwrecks in the waters off the island.
- This section looks at why shipwrecks are important and how they become time capsules for archeologists.
- There are over 10,000 shipwrecks off the coast of Nova Scotia.
- Being Caithness, lifeboats awaited survivors of these musical shipwrecks.Advertisement
- Having an external flash unit is especially critical if you are planning to capture pictures in deep, dark, low visibility environments such as caves or shipwrecks.
- Shipwrecks were of common occurrence, and occasionally the number of disasters was appalling.