Shied-away-from sentence example
- Only a few people looked long enough to take in her armband, and she shied away from one who stared at her in alarm.
- She shied away from her reflection, from the paleness of her skin and the stark red of her blood soaking the cream sweater.
- Even if you 've shied away from whole-wheat pasta before, you'll love how its nutty bite complements this creamy sauce.
- In fact, I shied away from it in a way most people jump when they see '80s-style blue eye shadow.
- Traditionally, women of color with dark chocolate complexions have shied away from brighter shades of red.Advertisement
- I had been wanting to try a lip plumper, but shied away from the higher price tag many plumping products have in case I didn't like how they worked.
- If you shied away from this makeup in the past because you were afraid it would clog your pores or make you feel like you were wearing a mask, try the newest types out there.
- Traditionally, curvy women have shied away from plus size naughty lingerie, for reasons as varied as not wanting to show too much skin to limited styles.
- Traditionally, men have always shied away from introducing color to their eyewear beyond brown, black, gold and silver.
- If you've ever shied away from a sport you were really dying to play, it's time for an introduction to prescription sport eyewear.Advertisement
- Breech presentations were still delivered vaginally in the 1970s, but with the advent of the malpractice climate, many doctors shied away from this practice, opting to perform a c-section.
- If unleashing your inner sex pot is something you've always wanted to do, but shied away from because you were scared, perhaps this is the perfect suit for you!
- Mike Tanel himself prides the company on providing footwear to athletes who may have once shied away from their favorite sport for fear of aggravating old injuries or causing new ones.
- The program's writers have never shied away from drawing viewer attention through controversial storylines, and as edgier plots have become more acceptable over time, the program has only continued to employ them through the years!
- The program centered largely on moral themes, exploring topics such as alcoholism, drug addiction, homelessness, pre-marital sex, teen pregnancy and virginity, but shied away from topics such as abortion and homosexuality.Advertisement
- All My Children never shied away from telling the hard stories.
- For this reason, most promoters and venues shied away from booking all female bills.