Shanty sentence example
- James Collins' shanty was considered an uncommonly fine one.
- This was noted to be a shanty town with an airstrip.
- Each load looks as if it contained the contents of a dozen shanties; and if one shanty is poor, this is a dozen times as poor.
- And so while serenaded by the sounds of the natives smashing down the shanty town nearby, we headed for the bar.
- The shanty town dwellers were awakened with the thunder of revolution too.Advertisement
- Many migrants are forced to settle in shanty towns and squatter settlements.
- Five minutes later Ilyin, splashing through the mud, came running back to the shanty.
- The guy even sings a sea shanty about his Grandad 's love rival.
- For example, there is much poverty in India, with shanty towns where disease is rife.
- The guy even sings a sea shanty about his Grandad's love rival.Advertisement
- The busting shells were quite close enough to us and made a terrific din and showered pieces of metal over our little shanty.
- Shanty Town Project We, the year seven's were asked to build a shanty house following our resent studies on shanty Town Project We, the year seven's were asked to build a shanty house following our resent studies on shantytowns in Nairobi.
- In the quiet, one-room shanty, the clatter of metal on metal sounded like freight cars coupling as she chambered a bullet.
- I had already bought the shanty of James Collins, an Irishman who worked on the Fitchburg Railroad, for boards.
- And so he did not like Zdrzhinski's tale, nor did he like Zdrzhinski himself who, with his mustaches extending over his cheeks, bent low over the face of his hearer, as was his habit, and crowded Rostov in the narrow shanty.Advertisement
- It is a well planned but shabby town surrounded by the shanty dwellings of displaced desert nomads.
- Sao Paulo, Brazil is an example of a city with a large area of shanty settlements or favelas.
- Shanty Town Project We, the year seven 's were asked to build a shanty house following our resent studies on shantytowns in Nairobi.