Shamefaced sentence example
- The hairs tied in the knot hurt Pierre and there were lines of pain on his face and a shamefaced smile.
- Daniel had the grace to look shamefaced - for a fraction of a second.
- This really is a road legal race car, with performance statistics which leave all of the cars in our Supercar Competition rather shamefaced.
- What sportsmen! and as if scorning to say more to the frightened and shamefaced count, he lashed the heaving flanks of his sweating chestnut gelding with all the anger the count had aroused and flew off after the hounds.
- But as soon as Pierre turned toward him he wrapped his dressing gown around him with a shamefaced and angry look and hurried away.Advertisement
- Pierre in shamefaced and happy confusion glanced occasionally at her, and tried to think what to say next to introduce a fresh subject.
- Finally, with a shamefaced apology for his weakness, he rose once more.
- He prayed with that passionate and shamefaced feeling with which men pray at moments of great excitement arising from trivial causes.
- The others all followed, dispirited and shamefaced, and only much later were they able to regain their former affectation of indifference.
- Natasha was standing in the middle of the drawing room, emaciated, with a pale set face, but not at all shamefaced as Pierre expected to find her.Advertisement