Shafted sentence example
- Even the other cenobites have been shafted into oblivion with him.
- Papuan weapons are the bow and arrow (in the Fly River region, the north and north-east coasts); a beheading knife of a sharp segment of bamboo; a shafted stone club - rayed, disk shaped or ball-headed (in use all over the island); spears of various forms, pointed and barbed; the spear-thrower (on the Finsch coast); and hardwood clubs and shields, widely differing in pattern and ornamentation with the district of their manufacture.
- Stiffness: Much like graphite-shafted golf clubs, badminton rackets typically have quite a bit of flex to them (as they are generally graphite or carbon fiber shafted).
- Steel shafted golf clubs are usually less expensive but heavier, while graphite is lighter and more expensive.
- Graphite shafts offer better vibration absorption and they're easier to swing, so they're usually preferred by the average golfer whereas steel shafted clubs are typically the club of choice for the pros.Advertisement
- These days, boots run the gamut from short shafted (also known as booties, which often hit right at the ankle or occasionally below it) to over the knee.