Shackle sentence example
- The port anchor was dropped and bowsed to with only a shackle (75 ft.) out.
- Now I have to go back up the pole to undo a safety shackle!
- The big eye acts as a Kelly's eye and traps the bow shackle when the dan wire is fully paid out.
- Now I have to go back up the pole to undo a safety shackle !
- The big eye acts as a Kelly 's eye and traps the bow shackle when the dan wire is fully paid out.Advertisement
- Can be mounted directly on a wall or suspended by wire, chain or shackle with no need to use optional brackets.
- A 'closed shackle ' type is best, as thieves cannot get a crowbar through the shackle to break it.
- Additionally, they would not shackle a Roman citizen.
- The original uphaul downhaul tackle The large steel shackle attached to the arm of the centreplate has become very rusty.
- Technically, if you drop a shackle from above waste height you should put a hacksaw through it.Advertisement
- Includes high security 4 pin cylinder padlock with double bolted shackle and fully enclosed hasp.
- Lock them away by using a good quality close shackle padlock.
- Around the middle of each sow was a broad collar with an attached shackle, securing her to the ground.
- Indeed the solo efforts that followed seemed to convey a joy at having the collective shackle removed.
- Such were Ingimund the Old, Geirmund Hellskin, Thord Beardie (who had wed St Edmund's granddaughter,) Audun Shackle, Bryniulf the Old, Uni, to whom Harold promised the earldom of the new land if he could make the settlers acknowledge him as king (a hopeless project), and others by whom the north-west, north and east were almost completely " claimed."Advertisement
- The growth of national kingdoms, the anti-clerical tendencies of the emancipated middle classes, the competition of lay imperialisms, and all the other elements of resistance which had been encountered by the papacy in its progress and had at first tended only to shackle it, now presented an insurmountable barrier.