Seventy-four sentence example
- He died in 1280, aged seventy-four.
- He paid special attention to comets, and that of 1815 (period seventy-four years) bears his name in commemoration of its detection by him.
- So exercised was the mind of the religious world over the dispute that in July 1717 as many as seventy-four pamphlets made their appearance; and at one period the crisis became so serious that the business of London was for some days virtually at a stand-still.
- (1619-1637), at the zenith of his fortunes, forced the Protestant princes of Germany to restore to the Roman hierarchy all the ecclesiastical territories they had secularized during the past seventy-four years.
- This settlement lasted for about seventy-four years.Advertisement
- The other half canton is that of Basel Landschaft or Bale Campagne, which is divided into four administrative districts and comprises seventy-four communes, its capital being Liestal.
- Clement V., at the council of Vienne, had attempted to bring back the Spirituals to the common rule by concessions; John, on the other hand, in the bull Quorundam exigit (April 13, 1317), adopted an uncompromising and absolute attitude, and by the bull Gloriosam ecclesiam (January 23, 1318) condemned the protests which had been raised against the bull Quorundam by a group of seventy-four Spirituals and conveyed to Avignon by the monk Bernard Delicieux.
- Seventy-four charges were drawn up, only twenty of which were set aside after the witnesses had been heard.
- The Immortal Code, rule seventy four states that my status as a former-human has no relevance, once I was made Immortal.
- There are seventy-four different designs in the 2009 Prom Collection.Advertisement
- Ken Jennings appeared seventy-four times and won over $2.5 million, becoming a game show record breaker.