Settlor sentence example
- The settlor adds a cross-reference in the ' Additional Information ' box on page 8 of the tax return.
- There are also provisions to clawback hold over relief where a gift is made to a trust which subsequently becomes settlor interested.
- Electing into GWR and then terminating the trust Para 22 of Sch 15 allows the settlor to make a GWR election.
- The AEA is divided where there are several trusts created by the same settlor.
- Does the cumulative total include PETs made by the settlor?Advertisement
- If the settlor charge applies the settlor charge applies the settlor is charged in respect of the gains arising under these rules.
- Currently, a trust settlor can set up a trust and need not make the beneficiaries aware of its existence.
- A settlor in a will is usually called a testator.
- Perpetuities The rule against perpetuities is, in effect, an overall time limit within which any direction by the settlor must take effect.
- This has been achieved by using a reverter to settlor trust.Advertisement
- If the settlor charge applies the settlor is charged in respect of the gains arising under these rules.
- If the life tenant is the settlor 's spouse, then the PET will be an exempt transfer under IHTA 1984 s 18.
- The executors of the settlor 's estate would have several options.
- They will therefore be treated as the settlor 's income in appropriate cases.
- Neither the settlor 's wife nor their issue were represented.Advertisement
- The settlor 's tax office will deal with any tax overpaid.
- The beneficiaries are the only ones entitled to bring legal action against the Trustee, not the Settlor in this case.
- I am the settlor of a non-resident trust - can I set my personal capital losses against the trust gains attributed to me?