Serried sentence example
- These cannot avail to vanquish the serried ranks of evil.
- The Russians stood in serried ranks behind Semenovsk village and its knoll, and their guns boomed incessantly along their line and sent forth clouds of smoke.
- The great and the good had come from all over the world and they sat in serried ranks to pay their last homage.
- I have now joined the serried ranks of the fools who put complex electronics through the washer.
- Most are arranged in serried rows, like troops on parade, in immaculate garden settings.Advertisement
- Whenever, feasible, the gravestone was placed in an upright position and ranked in serried lines like soldiers on parade.
- We are told how, at a critical moment in the great battle of Sempach, when the Swiss had failed to break the serried ranks of the Austrian knights, a man of Unterwalden, Arnold von Winkelried by name, came to the rescue.
- Herr Hartmann, too, points out that, even if the knights (on foot) had been ranged in serried ranks, there must have been sufficient space left between them to allow them to move their arms, and therefore that no man, however gigantic he might have been, could have seized hold of more than half a dozen spears at once.
- Young, bare trees are planted in the motorway cuttings like serried ranks of upturned witches ' broomsticks.