Sequestered sentence example
- The village has become a favourite centre for tourists, but preserves its picturesque and sequestered appearance.
- It lies in the sequestered valley of the river Skell, 3 m.
- His fortune was found to amount to a million and a half of talers, and was sequestered but afterwards restored to his family.
- His petition against the new dean was considered; and early in 1641 Cosin was sequestered from his benefices.
- Thus, ordinary incredulity, say about some feature of the world, occurs against a background of sequestered beliefs about the world.Advertisement
- In some cases this could be larger than the amount of carbon sequestered in trees.
- In the desert (as among the Arabian and Turanian nomads), in wild and sequestered mountains (as in Zagros in north Media, and Mysia, Pisidia, Paphlagonia and Bithynia in Asia Minor), and also in many Iranian tribes, the old tribal constitution, with the chieftain as its head, was left intact even under the imperial suzerainty.
- They retired from the world into some sequestered spot excluded from human observation.
- William Say Educated at Oxford and the Middle Temple, acquired the sequestered estates of Lord Abergavenny during the Civil Wars.
- Now sequestered at this quaint rustic getaway, Eddy 's ready to greet the uninitiated.Advertisement
- While you can play them for your family, the people you love would much rather spend time with you than see you sequestered with your guitar.
- The birthplaces of these persons are still known, and to this day there are sequestered villages, nestling near the western base of the Ghats, which are pointed to as being the ancestral homes of men who two centuries ago had political control over half India.
- The Act by which the great estates were sequestered was unanimously passed by the National Assembly on April 16 1919.
- The Schie or Delflands boezem of South Holland is of this kind, and such a boezem is termed besloten or " sequestered," in contradistinction to a " free " boezem.
- Except by leave of the bishop or sequestrator, the incumbent of a sequestered benefice cannot be presented.Advertisement
- Evidences of the change were numerous: Innocent promoted pro-Spanish cardinals; attacked the Barberini, proteges of Mazarin, and sequestered their possessions; aided in quieting an insurrection in Naples, fomented by the duke of Guise; and refused to recognize the independence of Portugal, then at war with Spain.
- Children who touch or are touched by one of the many templesnakes are sequestered for a year and learn the songs and dances of the cult.
- The earl, having sided with the king in 1642, was declared unfit to sit in the House of Peers, and though, by submission to Parliament, he recovered his estates when they were sequestered later on, he did not sit again till 1660.