Sentinels sentence example
- They looked like two seated sentinels guarding the castle gate.
- Rows of red tulips stood like sentinels along the walkway, struggling to survive against the encroachment of summer.
- Others have disgraced themselves to the extent of disobeying sentinels and officers, and have abused and beaten them.
- Four days before, sentinels of the Preobrazhensk regiment had stood in front of the house to which Balashev was conducted, and now two French grenadiers stood there in blue uniforms unfastened in front and with shaggy caps on their heads, and an escort of hussars and uhlans and a brilliant suite of aides-de-camp, pages, and generals, who were waiting for Napoleon to come out, were standing at the porch, round his saddle horse and his Mameluke, Rustan.
- General Greene addressed well-armed sentinels.Advertisement
- This awful abyss is bridged by a rope, and guarded by seal sentinels.
- Arithmetic manipulation of past or future sentinels will not change their values, nor cause any error.
- RWDateTime currently provides four internal, pre-defined sentinels and can accommodate up to 128 user-defined sentinels.
- Hardly a man takes a half-hour's nap after dinner, but when he wakes he holds up his head and asks, "What's the news?" as if the rest of mankind had stood his sentinels.
- There he was stopped by French cavalry sentinels.Advertisement
- They rode through the village of Rykonty, past tethered French hussar horses, past sentinels and men who saluted their colonel and stared with curiosity at a Russian uniform, and came out at the other end of the village.
- In front of a landowner's house to the left of the road stood carriages, wagons, and crowds of orderlies and sentinels.
- * When an officer is making his round, sentinels don't ask him for the password....
- Sentinels, he explains, were ancient tribal guardians with one or more heightened senses.
- Even in the early part of the 19th century sentinels stood on duty night and day, and at a signal of alarm the whole population, including the Turkish aga himself, used to hide in the woods.Advertisement
- The fidelity of the praetorian sentinels even was more than doubtful.
- But instead of that, at the next village the sentinels of Davout's infantry corps detained him as the pickets of the vanguard had done, and an adjutant of the corps commander, who was fetched, conducted him into the village to Marshal Davout.
- There are no longer sentinels sounding the alarm with their abdomens raised, and ready to die in defense of the hive.