Semaphore sentence example
- Etymologically the word implies that the messages are written, but its earliest use was of appliances that depended on visual signals, such as the semaphore or optical telegraph of Claude Chappe.
- If you do n't have any proper semaphore flags, then you could make some.
- A POSIX semaphore structure defines a single semaphore, not an array of up to twenty five semaphores.
- This one does still have semaphore signals, as can be seen in the background of the picture.
- This prevents an aborted process from leaving a semaphore set in an inconsistent state.Advertisement
- Upper Quadrant Signal A semaphore signal in which the arm was raised to indicate ' off ' or ' clear '.
- This view of Canterbury East signal box from the 1970s reveals both semaphore signal arms still in use.
- Later Minors also have larger front indicators instead of the semaphore indicators fitted to the B pillar of the 1950s Morris cars.
- This function takes a pointer, sops, to an array of semaphore operation structures.
- The calling process must have alter access privileges on the semaphore set.Advertisement
- The delightful Severn Valley from MOAT LANE through NEWTOWN and WELSHPOOL to SHREWSBURY where semaphore signaling abounds.
- I suggest experimenting with this mechanism, with more complex programs where you deal with more than just one semaphore in the set.
- Multiple threads must not initialize the same semaphore simultaneously.