Self-respecting sentence example
- I should have known no self-respecting hood would do that.
- The point of enduring interest as regards the Andamans is the penal system, the object of which is to turn the life-sentence and few long-sentence convicts, who alone are sent to the settlement, into honest, self-respecting men and women, by leading them along a continuous course of practice in self-help and self-restraint, and by offering them every inducement to take advantage of that practice.
- No self-respecting power would, of course, consent to submit to arbitration a question of life or death.
- The technical schools have also been of immense service in creating a class of self-respecting craftsmen, whose wages enable them to regard their work as worthy occupation abounding in interest.
- She also has the essential twiggy broomstick that any self-respecting witch should carry.Advertisement
- The Austrians in the period from 1849 to 1859, known as the dccennio della resistenza (decade of resistance), were made to feel that they were in a conquered country where they could have no social intercourse with the people; for no self-respecting Lombard or Venetian would even speak to an Austrian.
- As a race they are exceedingly courteous and self-respecting.
- What was the meaning of this so steady and self-respecting, this small Herculean labor, I knew not.
- The result is a cache of songs that any self-respecting, red-blooded rock fan will shake their ass to.
- However, no self-respecting raw foodist would go anywhere near these items.Advertisement
- Details were still important - no self-respecting man would ever dare be seen without a hat and tie - but huge changes were being made in every item of men's clothing that would have been unthinkable prior to World War I.
- As any self-respecting geologist knows, rocks have a long history and this 25-acre rock island has one as a cold tough prison and much, much more.
- Every self-respecting fashion maven knows that a swimsuit is often only as appealing as its wrap.
- Of course, no self respecting pirate film could ever be complete without the villainous character we all love to hate.
- Every self-respecting fashionista should look into stiletto boot options as a serious addition to the closet, and in at least brown and black.Advertisement
- Of course, any self-respecting Microsoft program can also interface with Outlook, the popular email and calendar program.
- No self-respecting woman of any class would dare ever go without breast support at any time, and especially not at a high-class affair.
- A must for any self respecting male fashion junkie.