Self-reliant sentence example
- He didn't like not being self-reliant.
- Women with a Taurus moon are usually independent and self-reliant, but can also be a bit miserly.
- Develop learner independence through the selection of planned activities which encourage students to become self-reliant.
- A natural countryside that works together where man, horse, hound, wildlife, including foxes all become self reliant on each other.
- They are of a tougher fibre than the Aroras; sturdy and self-reliant, slow to speak but quick to strike.Advertisement
- The ordinary Egyptian is not self-reliant or energetic by nature, and, like most Eastern people, finds it difficult to be impartial where duty and family or other personal relations are in the balance.
- For the last hundred years the peasants had been a leading factor in the political life of the land; and perhaps in no other contemporary European state could so self-reliant The a class of yeomen have been found.
- The minor accuracies, the limitation of range, the treading and re-treading of the same small patch of ground, the concentration of interest in success before a board of examiners, were all uncongenial to a nature of exuberant intellectual curiosity and of strenuous and self-reliant originality.
- However, a thrifty, industrious, self-reliant agricultural life developed, labour was native-born, the women of the household worked in the fields with the men, some employment was found for every season, and a system of neighbourly barter of food products took the place of other modes of exchange.
- Helping the homeless become more self-reliant through the development of quality housing, job training, and job placement programs, is Help USA.Advertisement
- In some cases, by taking away the strong, self-reliant and energetic, it may result in the deterioration of the home population.
- He fully admitted that the cry which had become so popular since 1881 of " Africa for the Afrikanders " expressed a reasonable aspiration, but he constantly pointed out that its fulfilment could most had from the 16th century onward maintained a Y advantageously be sought, not, as the Kruger party and extremists of the Bond believed, by working for an independent South Africa, but by working for the development of South Africa as a whole on democratic, self-reliant, self-governing lines, under the shelter of the British flag.
- The difference between the Berber and the Arab of the Barbary States is summed up by Dr Randall-Maclver in the following words: - " The Berber gives the impression of being, as he is, the descendant of men who have lived in sturdy independence, self-governing and self-reliant.
- Preschoolers with authoritative parents are curious about new experiences, focused and skilled at play, self-reliant, self-controlled, and cheerful.
- Consequently there developed in Connecticut an independent, self-reliant colonial government, which looked to its chartered privileges as the supreme source of authority.Advertisement