Self-medication sentence example
- Although alcohol and drug use can cause depression, depressed teens may also turn to drugs or alcohol as a form of self-medication, creating a vicious cycle.
- However, this self-medication eventually creates even more problems.
- Substance abuse: Abuse of alcohol and other drugs as forms of self-medication for overwhelming depression.
- However, since this is an area that may require delicate calibration -- especially if you're on prescription meds -- you should always consult with your doctor before embarking on self-medication with chromium.
- That makes supplements that have a direct impact on this area, such as chromium (often touted for weight-loss purposes) unsuitable for self-medication.Advertisement
- The danger is that self medication prevents accurate diagnosis and may further unsettle brain chemistry, causing worsening of the manic symptoms or just general mood swings.
- Always consult with your physician before embarking on any self-medication plan, albeit a natural one.