Self-injury sentence example
- If a child or teen reveals at any time that they have had recent thoughts of self-injury or suicide, professional assistance from a mental healthcare provider or care facility should be sought immediately.
- Aggression, self-injury, and mood disorders are sometimes associated with the disability.
- Self-mutilation, also called self-harm, self-injury or cutting, is the intentional destruction of tissue or alteration of the body done without the conscious wish to commit suicide, usually in an attempt to relieve tension.
- However, self-injury appears to give these people an immediate release from almost unbearable tension caused by anxiety, anger, or sadness.
- Some researchers separate self-mutilators into several groups, based on their psychological condition, motivation for harming themselves, and degree to which they practice self-injury.Advertisement
- Self-mutilation is usually diagnosed by a psychiatrist or psychotherapist upon referral from a family member, physician, nurse, or social worker who has noticed scars, bruises, or other physical evidence of self-injury.
- Medical help may be needed if a child inflicts self-injury.
- Medical help may be needed if the abandoned child inflicts self-injury.
- If a child or teen indicates at any time that he/she has had recent thoughts of self-injury, suicide, or of inflicting harm on others, professional assistance from a mental health care provider or care facility should be sought immediately.
- Many people stereotype the emo look with self-injury and black mascara, however many healthy and happy teens get emo-specific hairstyles just for the fun of it.Advertisement
- Common challenges confronted by the students at Degrassi Community School include self-image issues, peer pressure, child abuse, sexual identity, gang violence, self-injury, school shootings, teenage pregnancy and drug abuse.