Self-controlled sentence example
- He grew up among enemies, and became artful, suspicious and self-controlled, concealing his feeling behind the mask of an immobile, almost repulsive, coldness.
- Aristippus, both in theory and in practice, insisted that true pleasure belongs only to him who is self-controlled and master of himself.
- President McKinley showed himself singularly patient and self-controlled in the midst of the popular excitement against Spain and the clamour for intervention by the United States in behalf of the Cubans; but finally, on the 23rd of March, he presented an ultimatum to the Spanish government, and on the 25th of April, on his recommendation, Congress declared war upon Spain.
- His style of eloquence was direct and brilliant, but eminently self-controlled.
- Preschoolers with authoritative parents are curious about new experiences, focused and skilled at play, self-reliant, self-controlled, and cheerful.Advertisement
- Popular and socially competent children are able to consider the perspectives of others, can sustain their attention to the play task, and are able to remain self-controlled in situations involving conflict.
- The sexuality of a Virgo is easily misinterpreted within the frame of this sign's self-controlled nature.