Self-consciously sentence example
- Carmen drew a slow breath and glanced self-consciously at Dulce and Alondra.
- Yully touched her swollen eye and cheek self-consciously.
- She pushed their energies away self-consciously at the sudden silence and sets of eyes gazing at her.
- "Not all good," she said and crossed her arms self-consciously.
- The lingering images of recliner-size tarantulas from her dream made her shudder and look around self-consciously to make sure none were in her room.Advertisement
- "They're delicious," she added self-consciously as she turned and left.
- He ran his hand through his hair self-consciously.
- I kind of hoped she might be with you," and then he added, a tad self-consciously, "she's been gone all night."
- They remained in place for 20 minutes, occasionally exchanging a shouted comment, but mostly looking up or down at each other, self-consciously.
- Jenn glanced down self-consciously.Advertisement
- Rissa looked down self-consciously and clasped her arms behind her back.
- Hating how insecure the women made her feel, she crossed her arms self-consciously.
- The new Furious Records HQ is cool without being self-consciously arty, trendy yet short of showing off.
- But the teams themselves, tho not entirely monochrome, have not been formed as self-consciously multi-cultural.
- Most of the six stories here fell grossly overwritten, with their well trodden themes often overbearing and self-consciously told.Advertisement
- Unfortunately, the narration is too self-consciously poetic, so judging by his gallery comments Frankie wouldn't think much of his own voiceover.
- Real seaside jolliness is not self consciously artful, it has a robust vulgarity and is often tawdry.
- She touched her head self-consciously.