Seemly sentence example
- Nor are they revealed universally, but in a seemly way.
- Even more striking is the fact that in civilized countries what is permitted at certain times is forbidden at others; a woman will expose far more of her person at night, in the ballroom or theatre, than would be considered seemly by day in the street; and a bathing costume which would be thought modest on the beach would meet with reprobation in a town.
- seemly manner in recent years.
- 4) was doubtless a sacred tree, as there the images (which it was not seemly to bring on a pilgrimage to Beth-el) would be safe.
- io); yet for Jews it might continue for the time (pending the Parousia) to be seemly and expedient, especially for the sake of non-believing Judaism.Advertisement
- seemly way.
- The furnishings are a simple, late 18th century affair, painted in a seemly manner in recent years.
- His private life was grave and seemly, his court did not sin by luxury or extravagance.