Secretaire sentence example
- Augeard, secretaire des commandements de la reine M.
- The lettres de cachet, on the contrary, were signed simply by a secretary of state (formerly known as secretaire des commandements) for the king; they bore merely the imprint of the king's privy seal, from which circumstance they were often called, in the r4th and r5th centuries, lettres de petit signet or lettres de petit cachet, and were entirely exempt from the control of the chancellor.
- The Library contains a huge mahogany double secretaire bookcase and a walnut veneered oak collector's cabinet.
- secretaire bookcase and a walnut veneered oak collector's cabinet.
- Leeds Museums and Galleries - £ 20,000 Toward the costs of purchasing an oriental lacquer secretaire, orginally made for Temple Newsam House.Advertisement