Secessions sentence example
- Further large secessions took place in favour of the Free Thought movement.
- This led to secessions from the state church.
- The Mexican government gave way, threatened by Federalist risings and secessions of states, which culminated in 1841.
- The session of 1896-1897 was remarkable for a rapprochement between the ministry and the " Left Reform Party," caused by the secessions of the " Young Right," which led to an unprecedented event in Danish politics - the voting of the budget by the Radical Folketing and its rejection by the Conservative Landsting in May 1897; whereupon the ministry resigned in favour of the moderate Conservative Herring cabinet, which induced the Upper House to pass the budget.
- The various religious secessions in Scotland led to the founding of a large number of sectarian and subscription schools, and at the Disruption in 1843 the Free Church made provision for the secular as well as the religious instruction of the children of its members.Advertisement
- P. Badger visited the chief Jacobite centres, their numbers in all Turkey had dwindled to about ioo,000 souls, owing to vast secessions to Rome.
- For a concise account of all the Secessions and Unions, Logan, The United Free Church (1681-1906).
- In spite of occasional secessions which brought severe punishment upon the island (1 453, 1 479), the rule of the Giustiniani was not abolished till 1566.
- These secessions raised a feeling of alarm throughout England.
- It was followed by other clerical secessions, mostly of men who left the ministry, and Lindsey's hope of a Unitarian movement from the Anglican Church was disappointed.Advertisement
- Other divisions have been formed at various times by secessions from the Wesleyan Methodists (see separate articles).