Séance sentence example
- A seance is a session where a group of people, called sitters, come together in an attempt to contact and communicate with deceased humans who are believed to be spirits and exist in a dimension outside of our physical time-space reality.
- (See his ExposÃ© des motifs et projet de loi sur l'instruction primaire, presentes a la chambre des deputes, seance du 2 janvier 1833.) In the words of the Edinburgh Review (July 1833), these documents "mark an epoch in the progress of national education, and are directly conducive to results important not only to France but to Europe."
- Interestingly enough, Conan Doyle himself "appeared" in photographs taken after his death and he was "contacted" on at least one occasion during a seance.
- When asked about the inn's latest guest paranormal activity, Staub said, "Our re-creation of a Victorian seance was one way civilians dealt with the great loss of loved ones."
- A Ouija board seance is a combination of two controversial methods for attempting to contact and communicate with spirits.Advertisement
- Most people who participate in a seance are trying to make contact with dead people, possibly friends or relatives.
- Seance is a French word meaning seat or sitting.
- During a seance, the medium attempts to make contact with the spirits.
- Whether a Ouija board seance is harmless entertainment, real communication with the spirit world or a dangerous and taboo activity depends on what you believe it to be.
- Many people report sightings of spirits or unusual and unexplained occurrences in the house particularly centered around Sarah Winchester's bedroom, the Hall of Fires and the Seance Room.Advertisement
- 2 At a spiritualistic seance the medium has the privilege of failing whenever he pleases and there is seldom any settled programme - circumstances very favourable to deception.
- At the Seance Royale Louis made known his will that the Estates should deliberate apart, and declared that if they should refuse to help him he would do by his sole authority what was necessary for the happiness of his people.
- He recalled Necker, who had resigned after the Seance Royale.
- As the ministers could not agree on the policy which the king should announce in the Seance Royale, it was postponed to the 23rd.