Seamy sentence example
- The seamy side of life in the great Metropolis is painted in dark colors.
- The son of an American ambassador, addicted to the seamy underside of a Central Asian city, finally gets in over his head.
- You can explore the seamy underbelly of the Barbary Coast past on the "Drugs, Thugs, Crimps and Pimps" tour, or go strolling on the "Flashback" tour, which takes you to the city's storied, formerly acid-drenched Haight-Ashbury neighborhood.
- You can explore the seamy underbelly of the Barbary Coast's past on the "Drugs, Thugs, Crimps and Pimps" tour.
- It was the sensation caused in 1884 by the lawsuit brought against Strindberg's Married (a collection of short stories dealing realistically with some of the seamy sides of marriage) which brought to a head the rebellion against the elegant and superficial conventions which were strangling Swedish literature.Advertisement