Seacoast sentence example
- In 640 the Ligurian seacoast fell under the power of the Lombards, and ceased to be an imperial province.
- To pass Cook Strait and land in the middle province of South Island is to pass from Portugal to Switzerland, a Switzerland, however, with a seacoast that in the east centre is a dull fringe of monotonous sand dunes or low cliffs.
- Impressed Seacoast Banking Corporation of Florida with chrysler's of to percent and tropic craft becomes iffy.
- Seward, Alaska is a seacoast town 128 miles south of Anchorage.
- In the Moscow basin, which was a broad gulf of the Carboniferous sea, coal appears as isolated inconstant seams amidst littoral deposits, the formation of which was favoured by frequent minor subsidences of the seacoast.Advertisement
- The Bhor Ghat, on the northern border of the state, has always been the main pass over the Western Ghats, or means of communication between the seacoast and the Deccan.
- On the seacoast to the south-west of Athens rises the hill of Munychia, a mass of rocky ground, forming the acropolis of the town of Peiraeus.
- The ninth region comprised Liguria, extending along the seacoast from the Varus to the Macra, and inland as far as the river Padus, which constituted its northern boundary from its source in Mount Vesulus to its confluence with the Trebia just above Placentia.
- This, with the exception of a brief tenure of Cremona (1499-1512), formed her permanent territory down to the fall of the republic. Her frontiers now ran from the seacoast near Monfalcone, following the line of the Carnic and Julian and Raetian Alps to the Adda, down the course of that river till it joins the Po, and thence along the line of the Po back to the sea.
- The rise of the power of the Franks and the advance of their dominion northwards brought on a collision with the Frisians, who in the 7th century were still in possession of the whole of the seacoast, and apparently ruled over the greater part of modern Flanders.Advertisement
- In Sicily they all found a strip of sea-coast with an inland region behind; but the strip of seacoast was not like the broken coast of Greece and Greek Asia, and the inland region was not a boundless continent like Africa or Asia.
- Chris Sligh, whose parents are missionaries, is the music leader at Seacoast Church in Greenville.