Sea-urchin sentence example
- This involves the use of a sea urchin cell free system, which can fully reconstitute envelope formation.
- The fossil of a sea urchin found in Middlesex is said to be 70 million years ord.
- Abstract A range of macroporous inorganic solids, with unique, sponge-like structures were synthesized by templating sea urchin skeletal plates.
- The echinoids or sea-archins (see SEA-Urchin) may be grouped under the following orders, here named in the sequence of their appearance in the rocks.
- The fossil is part of a test (internal shell) of a sea urchin formed about 85 million years ago.Advertisement
- Chris has been disastrously affected by altitude, Jeremy by the stubborn sea urchin spines.
- Although composed of a single crystal of calcite, a sea urchin plate exhibits a bicontinuous morphology with pores of diameter 10-15 micron.
- The sun will help to further bleach and deodorize your shells should any sea urchin be hiding in the shell.
- They are a flat and related to the sea urchin and have provided the inspiration for jewelry of many types, including earrings, for many years.
- Neumayr adduced the Triassic sea-urchin Tiarechinus, in which the apical system forms half of the test, as an argument for the origin of Echinoidea from an ancestor in which the apical system was of great importance; but a genus appearing so late in time, in an isolated sea, under conditions that dwarfed the other echinoid dwellers therein, cannot seriously be thought to elucidate the origin of pre-Silurian Echinoidea, and the recent discovery of an intermediate form suggests that we have here nothing but degenerate descendants of a well-known Palaeozoic family (Lepidocentridae).Advertisement
- Current work includes: assessing the contribution of dietary lipids in sea urchin gonads from sub-tidal and intertidal areas of Loch Creran.
- A Pret a Manger soy sauce bottle in the shape of a fish sits comfortably next to a fossilized sea urchin.
- For instance, hamachi (yelowfin tuna) belly served nigiri style is taken to another level, with a yuzu soy marinated sea urchin pairing.
- - Supposed calycinal systems of free-moving Echinoderms. A, regular sea-urchin (Cidaris); B, sea-urchin with a suranal plate (Salenia); C, developing ophiurid (Amphiura); D, young starfish (Zoroaster).
- Accepting the homology of these apical systems with the calycinal system, the theory would regard the aboral pole of a sea-urchin or starfish as corresponding in everything, except its relations to the sea-floor, with the aboral pole of a fixed echinoderm.Advertisement