Sea-lavender sentence example
- In summer months it turns purple with prairie fields of sea lavender.
- These can produce large areas of color in the summer such as areas of pink thrift and drifts of purple Sea Lavender.
- There are various herbaceous plants which may be similarly treated, such as sea-kale and horseradish, and, among ornamental plants, the beautiful autumn-blooming Anemone japonica, Bocconia cordata, Dictamnus Fraxinella - the burning bush; the sea hollies (Eryngium), the globe thistle (Echinops ritro), the Oriental poppy (Papaver orientale), the sea lavender (Statice latifolia), Senecio pulcher, &c. The sea-kale and horseradish require to be treated in the open garden, where the cut portions should be planted in lines in wellworked soil; but the roots of the others should be planted in pots and kept in a close frame with a little warmth till the young shoots have started.
- The rare curved hardgrass Parapholis incurva, and the sea lavender Limonium recurvum may also be present.
- These can produce large areas of color in the summer such as areas of pink Thrift and drifts of purple Sea Lavender.Advertisement
- Prickly Thrift (Acantholimon) - Dwarf mountain plants of the Sea Lavender order, extending from the east of Greece to Thibet, and having their headquarters in Persia.