Scythe sentence example
- Barley is cut, either with scythe or machine, when it is quite ripe with the ears bending over.
- The cutter bar of a power scythe, in contrast, is relatively light.
- But if you answered mostly a, it's time to take a scythe to the hours you work.
- But if you answered mostly a, it 's time to take a scythe to the hours you work.
- Thus IT can be viewed as a reinforcement of existing power structures rather than an apocalyptic scythe.Advertisement
- She lies in bed, holding the scythe, her eyes closed, the ghost of a smile on her lips.
- In summer he used a scythe to keep the ditches and banks clear of brambles and grass.
- The strike from the scythe had burned some strange runes onto milord Theo, which he told us gave him a horrible feeling.
- We battled with heavy old secondhand scythe blades that we didn't know how to sharpen properly, attached to worm eaten handles.
- Tira who thrashes you with a barbed hoop of some sort, and Zasalemel, who looks pretty darn brutal with the scythe.Advertisement
- The males are polygamous, and during autumn and winter associate together, feeding in flocks apart from the females; but with the approach of spring they separate, each selecting a locality for itself, from which it drives off all intruders, and where morning and evening it seeks to attract the other sex by a display of its beautiful plumage, which at this season attains its greatest perfection, and by a peculiar cry, which Selby describes as "a crowing note, and another similar to the noise made by the whetting of a scythe."
- The strike from the scythe had burned some strange runes onto milord Theo, which he told us gave him " a horrible feeling.
- To get him to play the scythe again, just go back to the "Change Guitars" menu and select it>.
- Zasalamel is a scythe wielding brute who will remind you of Rock and Astaroth, but is a bit faster.
- In the fight at Gdow (February 2 6th), where Benedek laid the foundations of the military reputation that was to end so tragically at KOniggratz, flail and scythe wrought more havoc in the rebel ranks than the Austrian musketry.Advertisement
- Tamer emerged from Kris's chamber into the hallway first, armed with a scythe and a bo, while Erik followed with a long sword.
- The district has given its name to a celebrated type of axe, consisting of a long shaft with a blade like a scythe and a large hook behind it, which, according to Sir Walter Scott, was introduced into the Highlands and Ireland from Scandinavia.