Scullery sentence example
- I have known Cinderella ever since she was a scullery maid.
- With a distinct entrance from the outer court was the kitchen court (F), with its buttery, scullery and larder, and the important adjunct of a stream of running water.
- Many of the houses have no scullery or wash-house.
- Barnhill has a large kitchen and large scullery with double sinks.
- His satellites--the senior clerk, a countinghouse clerk, a scullery maid, a cook, two old women, a little pageboy, the coachman, and various domestic serfs--were seeing him off.Advertisement
- Mirror In third place: Sarah the scullery maid.
- The house is an ordinary cottage, with front room, kitchen and a small scullery on the ground floor.
- Such a house would have had five or six rooms but no separate scullery.
- There is a convenient house adjoining with entrance hall, sitting room, kitchen scullery, cellar, pantries and three bedrooms.
- In the next and final room was the scullery with a brick boiler heated by wooden blocks for washing the clothes.Advertisement
- The 1950's also brought the luxury of a scullery with a cold water tap and a shared inside toilet.
- For the scullery maid, the day began very early.
- Three or four shots rang out from the direction of the scullery door.
- I lost heart, and lay down on the scullery floor for a long time, having no spirit even to move.
- These we used to arrange in empty fish paste jars along the scullery window sill.Advertisement
- She padded silently downstairs to where the looking-glass leaned against the scullery wall.
- It has a fully fitted kitchen and separate scullery area.